Role Based Extended Notifications (Colm.Gavin@kerry.ie)

Colm.Gavin@kerry.ie Colm.Gavin at kerry.ie
Thu Apr 28 08:19:34 EDT 2011

Hi Jocelyn,

So if I am correct about what you are saying, I need to make a Z version
of the standard Handler for User class CL_SWN_USER_STD that will raise an
exception if the user has the Role A?

Thanks for your help, please note I'm leaving the office now so there may
be a delay in my response, thanks!

Colm
> Hi Colm,
> Yes I think so... but you may need to create custom handlers for
> that.  Any place you see a handler in the config you can create a
> custom version using the same signature.
>
> There is a standard handler for recipients that lets people opt
> out... just use F4 on the recipient handler field (from memory it
> has HR in the name)... the list of people not receiving
> notifications is held in a config table.  You may be able to use
> that as is and opt out your 4-5 people of Role A.  Worth a try
> before you attempt a custom handler anyway.
>
> You'll need to think about separate subscription/delivery schedule/
> schedule seln/etc.  to avoid clashes with other notifications.
>
> Regards,
> Jocelyn
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Kerry Group accepts no liability for actions or effects
based on the prohibited usage of this information. Kerry Group is not liable for the
proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication or
for any delay in its receipt. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material from any computer.

Thank you for your attention.