Dynamic Parallel Proc User Decision

Joe_Toledo@capgroup.com Joe_Toledo at capgroup.com
Sun Oct 24 19:09:55 EDT 2010

Hi there Jeff,

I've built that exact scenario here, in the sense that I created a
workflow with Dynamic Parallel Process.  In our scenario, when the
workflow starts it can have any number of approvers, and each of one of
those must approve in order for the workflow to continue (in our case,
return to the initiator)  Each dynamic branch calls an "approval
sub-workflow" with a simple decision step with approve/reject.   We also
needed the workflow to "return" to the initiator if ANY of the users
rejected their work item, and remove all the pending approval work items
from the respective approver's inbox.

This is how I was able to fulfill that requirement:

Each sub-workflow has a "2-branch fork" that requires only one to be
completed in order for it to continue.  One branch is for the decision
step (approve/reject) and the other branch a "wait for event" (in our case
a "Rejected" event)
If a user selects the "reject" in their decision task, I set a flag
(container element) and at the end of the fork, I check the flag, and if
set,  I raise the "Rejected" event which will terminate all the other
"approval sub-workflows".

I'm sure there might be other ways of handling this requirement, but his
work fine for us.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe Toledo | The Capital Group Companies
Location: IRV | Extension: 55417 | Outside: 949-975-5417
E-mail: joat at capgroup.com
[ Mailing: 15260 Valley Oak. IRV-M-3E Irvine, CA 92618 USA ]