Background Workflow steps taking many hours to execute

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Mon Nov 15 12:08:14 EST 2010

Hi Carolyn,

I have to step away for a bit, but just a quick follow-up on why not running after weekend comment.

The defaults are 20 mins cycle. 'Were' for 4.6c err monitor anyway. I believe on task for Temp errors will try
x times and then just error after that number is reached. 3 times is what we have ours set to and 20mins apart.
You would want Temp errors to trip for stuff like record locked, record not updated before <whatever occurred to trip error>, etc. Things that should shake loose if you just wait a few minutes.

On ECC6 I have read in the help files these numbers changed. 'If' using BPM, these numbers are lower.
As I have read. Don't know for sure.

I think you and Mike are on right track. "Something" changed to cause these issues and you need to start back tracking transports while it is still fresh in everyone's minds. BASIS changes, I would get history on what and when.

Don't recall, can you reproduce this in dev or QA?

Rick