Background Workflow steps taking many hours to execute

Carolyn A Fuller fuller at MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 13 16:37:02 EST 2010

Rick,

The last workflow template or standard task at MIT to go into production was May 2010. What went into production in May were the workflow templates and tasks associated with these problem flows but the delays did not become a problem until the end of October. So I don't think it was this change to the workflow templates and tasks that caused these recent performance issues.

On the other hand, there was something that went into production the night before the end users noticed the performance problems.

The number of loops performed by this workflow template is controlled by a custom table and one of the other MIT workflow developers added an entry to this table, thus increasing the number of possible loops from 8 to 9. Is it possible that this change is causing our performance issues?

Carolyn