Background Workflow steps taking many hours to execute

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Sat Nov 13 11:55:47 EST 2010

I agree, need more info. Like, any recent changes to code like a loop?

But, temp errors are default to 20mins. 20 20 and 20 is around 60, depending on start / finish of SWWERR job.
Note: in 4.6c, the default was 20mins for the Temp Err, I believe that has changed for ECC6 due to BPM. But we stuck to 20mins.

So, if temp error, sounds like it was re-attempting something until it finished. *sounds* like it.
Check the Task BOR method for temp exceptions.

Rick Sample