How to filter some of workitems from being forwarded to the portal Substitutes?

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Wed May 19 14:11:01 EDT 2010

VJ,

Not that I have ever had to deal with this issue, but there is something
called "classification" associated with workflow tasks - and I believe
this is not the same CT04 / CL02 classification used to classify SAP
objects.

Go to SPRO -> SAP Netweaver -> Application Server -> Business Management
-> SAP Business Workflow -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Task Classes

It looks (from just browsing the help) that you can define classes
specific to workflow tasks, assign these classes to a task, and then use
standard SAP roles to restrict what tasks are executable for a user (the
documentation mentions auth object S_WF_WI).

You'd have to test this yourself, cuz I don't have any experience with
it...

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

vrao at absoft.co.uk
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
05/19/2010 05:54 AM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
How to filter some of workitems from being forwarded to the portal
Substitutes?

Hi Guys,

We have PO approval workflows which are approved via pre-defined set of
people. When the user activates his or her substitute in the portal; the
system automatically sends the PO to substituted user who is not supposed
to approve the PO. The substitute users can take action on other workflows
such as Leave Request, Travel expense etc but we don’t want the substitute
user to approve the PO.

Is there a way to filter the PO workflows tasks in the portal such that
all other workflow task are forwarded to the substitute but the PO
approval workflow does not get forwarded to the substitute user?

Any suggestions are welcome. We are on Sap ECC50.

Kind Regards,
SAP-WUG mailing list
SAP-WUG at mit.edu

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.