Job SWEQSRV

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Thu May 13 04:45:26 EDT 2010

Hello Marcia,

I doubt you need the event queue for your scenario. Its purpose of is to
spread peak loads over time to prevent system overloading. We're talking
of hundreds of workflows being started within the space of a few minutes.
Typical scenarios would be batch processes that trigger hundreds or even
thousands of WFs as fast as they are able to; however workflows being
triggered by individual people almost certainly do not need the event
queue. My take on the event queue is that it's very useful where
applicable, but if a workflow doesn't need it you shouldn't use it - it
just adds an unnecessary layer of complexity.

In SWEQADM, the 'Events still to be delivered' number will tell you how
many events are due to be delivered the next time the job runs. The
'Status' section on the overview tab will tell you whether it's active.

Hope that helps,
Mike