Event queue - not a problem, just well... strangeness

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Wed May 5 15:54:05 EDT 2010

Wuggers,

Here is an issue which has probably been discussed before, but I cannot
seem to find an answer for it.

With a few of our workflows, we use the event queue.  And of course the
background job (SWEQSRV - running program RSWEQSRV) dequeues the events
and triggers the workflows.  I think most people here are familiar with
this process.

The wierd thing is, if I have an event in the queue (which I think is
actually table SWEQUEUE) with an invalid key (in my case BUS2089-CREATED
with key whatever - 999999999999999999, when the job runs, it will create
a new event with key 000000000000000000 of the same object and event. This
new event also has an invalid key, and so will keep generating a new event
with each run of the batch job (the events do not stack up, it just
removes the old one and replaces it with a new event).

Is this normal behavior for this program?  Can this behavior be changed
(maybe to not generate a new event)?  Any similar experiences?

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.