Dynamic Parallel Processing with Modeled Deadline Monitoring

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Tue Jan 12 03:55:56 EST 2010

Hi Paul,

Not sure I understand the problem: Do you expect only one deadline to be
hit? As I see it all parralel items should hit the deadline at the same
time. I am not sure in practice, but I'd expect them all to have their own
'obsolete' branch. Having only one obsolete branch also makes sense,
depending on point of view (may be worthwhile clarifying with OSS what the
designed behaviour is supposed to do).

Another way to model that type of setup is to have your processing in one
side of a 1of2 fork, and in the other branch you put a wait step (dummy
method with no code) with a requested start followed by your deadline
handling.

Cheers,
Mike