Persistent vs Runtime handles - development standards?

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Fri Feb 26 04:30:28 EST 2010

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the feedback, interesting. My guess is that it has been
tightened up with the move towards OO. BOR has obscured the
runtime/persistent state by hiding it behind macros. I imagine SAP changed
some BOR code to play by 'proper' OO principles as the previous behaviour
you described seems to bend the rules a little.

Aside from that, the instantiation of objects has always been a mystery -
the WF engine instantiates an object far more often than you think and in
places you wouldn't expect.

Cheers,
Mike