Persistent vs Runtime handles - development standards?

Catherall, Andy andy.m.catherall at cadbury.com
Thu Feb 25 12:11:04 EST 2010

Update on this issue:

One example turned out to be caused by the attribute code holding the
runtime object handle of the child attribute and, once found, returning
that value each time rather than re-determining it. On 4.6c, it would
appear the handle was still valid on subsequent passes through the
business object. On ECC6, it would appear it was not. Ensuring that the
run-time handle was freshly re-created each time solved that issue.

The other discovery was that using the Change Documents to cause a
CREATED style event from DRAW (ie Document Information Records) results
in the Check being called 'too soon', in that the objects do not exist
in the database yet, and the EXISTENCE CHECK methods except! Back to
using DRAW.CREATED, which I'd had to avoid in 4.6c due to a similar -
though less extreme - example of the same on that event.

Thanks
Andy