Question regarding Price Block and Quantity Block Workflows for incoming EDI invoices

Viera, Miguel VieraM at dhcmc.com
Mon Apr 12 08:37:53 EDT 2010

Hello Wugger's ,

Was wondering if anyone in the Workflow User Group has experience with EDI and Price Block/Quantity Block Workflows?  We currently have incoming EDI invoices into our ECC 6.0 SAP system that trigger Price Block Workflows during a pricing discrepancy and Quantity Block Workflows for quantity discrepancies.  The invoice is posted in our system which generates a document number; however, it is blocked for payment due to the respective discrepancy.  Each workflow routes the invoice to the appropriate personnel in Supply Management to determine the outcome of the invoice.

The problem we are having is that when an EDI invoice comes in with both a price discrepancy and quantity discrepancy, two workflows are generated which has proven to be a problem for the A/P Department due to the timing of when and if the block on the invoice should be released or perhaps the invoice needs to be cancelled.

The best thing I can think of is to block invoices with quantity discrepancies from being posted in the system through a error status of 51 in WE05 and route them via workflow for resolution.  The challenge with this option is that IDOC information is not very friendly to put in a query for user review and resolution.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Miguel R. Viera
Deere-Hitachi C.M.C
SAP Business Analyst for FI-CO & SD Modules
Workflow Admin. & Winshuttle Template Designer
Phone: (336) 992-5759

"Let us realize that the privilege to work is a gift, that power to work is a blessing, that love of work is success." David O. McKay