Question regarding Price Block and Quantity Block Workflows for incoming EDI invoices

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Mon Apr 12 11:09:44 EDT 2010

Hello Miguel,

you can combine the workflows into one, when you let the same workflow
pattern start on each event ob

BUS2081.BlockedPrice

BUS2081.BlockedQuant

In the BlockedQuant-part you create a check function module that checks for
existence of a price block in at least one line item. If so, the
check-function module prohibits the event to become (just another) workflow
instance. This way you avoid having two instances when there're both blocks
set.

I would not recommend to prevent the IDoc inbound posting for various
reasons:

-          The partner had send a (correct) invoice. The company's system
needs to be made aware of that invoice in a fair time. If the workflow would
get stuck for some reaons (e.g. employees absence), the invoice cannot be
paid, although the material was posted to the purchase order meanwhile. This
will bring you into trouble on various workflow steps

-          You have to create your own dialog representation in order to
display the invoice, and what it is all about. This is exactly where you're
currently at, and you had to create a full dynpro from scratch, including
all the necessary extractions from the IDoc segments

-          There /is/ a standard process for BlockedQuant already in place
(the system already provides the appropriate event), so you should try to
stick on this scenario, as long as possible

There's also the possibility that you use the BUS2081.Created event, instead
of the two other blocking events, if you feel like that you need more to be
checked than just the blocks.

Best wishes,

   Florin