Wait Step for Unknown Object

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Tue Apr 6 16:17:29 EDT 2010

Hey All,

I have tried posting to this user group 1 time before with this question,
but but I wasn't a member at the time and I get a "bad confirmation
string" when I check the bounce.  It's been > 3 days so I'm guessing the
first mail is gone.  I hope I'm not double-posting or causing problems by
trying again.
-----------------------------
Anyhoo...
I am working on a "new materials" workflow that has several (let's call
them) processes.

The first process is that a new material master record is created and some
work items go out to various users to adjust the material with some
specific information.  No problem here.

As a second process, I would like to wait for a scheduling agreement
(purchase order) for this new material to be created and some more work
items sent out to adjust the scheduling agreement and a few other things
associated with the material.  This is where I have my problem.  At the
time the wait step is created, I do not have an object in the container to
represent the scheduling agreement (because it isn't created yet).
Further, I believe the key for any scheduling agreement event uses the
document number and does not include the material.  So how would I create
some kind of wait step for something like this?

The scheduling agreement references material numbers in each line item,
but a wait step seems to need the key of a scheduling agreement in order
to know that a specific event is meant for a specific workflow instance.

The users are definitely not looking for a general scheduling agreement
workflow (that would affect all new scheduling agreements) - only
scheduling agreements for new materials.

I have looked into something called a "correlation", but so far I have not
gotten it to work, and I'm not sure if it even will.

Any suggestions?

... or maybe this doesn't make sense to anyone...

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.