Wait Step for Unknown Object

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Tue Apr 6 17:42:50 EDT 2010

Michael,

Yep, this sounds like a good opportunity to use correlations. It's a bit
hard to get them to work the first time, but they are magic.

It will only work in your case if the 'scheduling agreement' (that you are
waiting for), can be identified by some (combination of) field values
inside it
(in your case, the material number(s)).

I would suggest you read the related SAP Help and  blogs in SDN (if you
haven't done so already):

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/8d/25f07b454311d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6976
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/14136

You may also need to implement OSS note 1335009.

Give that a go, and if you have any specific issues getting it off the
ground, please post them here.

cheers
Paul Bakker

             michael.mcley at dai
             mler.com
             sap-wug-bounces at m         sap-wug at mit.edu
             it.edu                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             07/04/2010 06:17          Wait Step for Unknown Object
             AM

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

Hey All,

I have tried posting to this user group 1 time before with this question,
but but I wasn't a member at the time and I get a "bad confirmation string"
when I check the bounce.  It's been > 3 days so I'm guessing the first mail
is gone.  I hope I'm not double-posting or causing problems by trying
again.
-----------------------------
Anyhoo...
I am working on a "new materials" workflow that has several (let's call
them) processes.

The first process is that a new material master record is created and some
work items go out to various users to adjust the material with some
specific information.  No problem here.

As a second process, I would like to wait for a scheduling agreement
(purchase order) for this new material to be created and some more work
items sent out to adjust the scheduling agreement and a few other things
associated with the material.  This is where I have my problem.  At the
time the wait step is created, I do not have an object in the container to
represent the scheduling agreement (because it isn't created yet).
Further, I believe the key for any scheduling agreement event uses the
document number and does not include the material.  So how would I create
some kind of wait step for something like this?

The scheduling agreement references material numbers in each line item, but
a wait step seems to need the key of a scheduling agreement in order to
know that a specific event is meant for a specific workflow instance.

The users are definitely not looking for a general scheduling agreement
workflow (that would affect all new scheduling agreements) - only
scheduling agreements for new materials.

I have looked into something called a "correlation", but so far I have not
gotten it to work, and I'm not sure if it even will.

Any suggestions?

... or maybe this doesn't make sense to anyone...

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com
If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that
you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for
SAP-WUG mailing list
SAP-WUG at mit.edu

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.