Query/Clarification Regarding "Personal Substitution"

Shaurya Jain jain.shaurya at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 00:24:39 EDT 2009

Dear Experts,

Recently, I came across a scenario in which I was surprised to know that the
personal substitute of a user was receiving the work items in his SAP Inbox
but I couldn't see that in the substitute's workload analysis (SWI5). Above
all, I could not see that user (substitute) as agent at task level in
workflow log too. The personal substitutes are maintained using Transaction
RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE.

Can anyone please explain me this scenario? Is it something related with the
way substitution is maintained or something else? Because I have tested the
same scenario in our Quality system & found that I can see the workitem in
substitute's workload as well as at task level the substitute was one of the
agent. Also in all my previous encounters with substitution cases I was able
to track the workitem in substitute's inbox & workflow log too.

If this is SAP functionality then is there any way that a Workflow
administrator can trace that workitem & check if substitute is receiving the
workitem or not?
Waiting for your inputs eagerly.
Shaurya Jain