Deadline Monitoring - Multiple Occurences

Dale Brown dale.brown at duke.edu
Mon May 11 13:01:37 EDT 2009

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)
We are on ECC 6.0 .  We have a workflow that was created over 3 years ago that does FIPP processing. We have deadline monitoring on the work item that allows the user to approve / reject the parked document. We have on this task (inbox work item), branches that lead to other tasks in the workflow. Besides the approve, and the reject branch, we have a terminate release branch that will re-circulate the work item back to the inbox agent. When the user did the terminate release (green arrow back), the deadline monitoring seemed to take this last touch date and then continue with the deadline routine until the user either approves or rejects. Still would only get one cycle deadline routine (email) at the latest touch time.  Now we are experiencing, besides the original deadline routine which sends our email, any time a user goes into the work item and terminates release, it starts a new deadline cycle, without ending the original cycle, so it is now sending two emails, one from the original deadline date and time, and another from the terminate release date and time. And if the person went in a day later and did terminate release again, a third deadline (email) cycle begins.  Any ideas of the behavior change ? Just want the one deadline cycle regardless of how many times a user may go in and out of the task without approving or rejecting the FIPP document.
We are using the requested end date tab using " expression"  fields from attributes date and time of a business object deadline that calls function module END_TIME_DETERMINE using the unit ' DAY' .

Dale R. Brown
Duke University
OIT Application and Database Services
919.684.5341

Because I care about you, I trust you will take thetime to visit these links:
http://www.thisisthegeneration.com/page.cfm?id=140
http://www.somewhereforever.com/