Send Mail to return value, Portals Link

BJ shresthab at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 09:55:59 EST 2009

Hi Shalini,

Your first request is very simple one. You can send email with the Portal
link http://server:port/irj/portal in your email text. You can either user
SEND MAIL task in Workflow or I have used standard FM "*send_email* within
the standard Workflow task. Search FM in se37 with *email* and you'll find
it. I have done this before.

Your 2nd request is little tricky depending upon how exactly you are
visioning it. If your wish is to get the response by email  from the user to
remind them later, you need to be able to get the email in SAP application
server and process it through ABAP. It could be done with little creative
design similar to approval process in CRM. In order to do this you have to
check with your Basis team if your company will allow to accept the email in
SAP application.

I hope this will give you some idea.

Bijay Shrestha
Sr. NW Architect
SAPMANDO Services

2009/1/20 Shalini Sabnani <workflow.mail at gmail.com>

> Hello Friends
> We are in the process of designing a workflow to, amongst other
> things, send an email notifications to employees informing them thet their
> Pay statements can be viewed via portals (My ESS). Within the email we need
> to ask the employee if  he/she wants to be reminded in 24 hours with another
> email.
> I am wondering if in the past you have sucessfuly:
>
>    1. Used SEND MAIL too send a link to portals ?
>    2. Allowed to employee to click on "Remind me later" in the email and
>    update the workflow to send a follow up email in 24 hours.
>
> Example of email is as per below:
> You have received an e-mail delivery from XXXXXXXXXXXX that your Payroll
> statement is ready for viewing in ESS.
>
>  To log in to ESS, go to *LINK*
>
> Click on the Remind me button to receive a reminder in approximately 24
> hours
>

> *Remind me later!*
>

> Any input / suggestions you can provide to the above will be well received,
> thanks
>
> Shalini

Bijay Shrestha