Ad Hoc Anchor Steps in ECC 6

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:10:58 EST 2009

Hi,

Has anyone used the new 'Ad Hoc' Anchor node type in a definition yet? If so, what's it for?

>From the write-up and help text the node seems to cater for the execution of any number of other Workflow definitions that are supposed to share the same container definition. Sort of like a list of Sub-WFs I suppose. But no check seems to be performed to ensure the WFs listed against the anchor are consistent or syntax check OK. And  no sequencing or conditions are involved.

Presumably since this new Ad Hoc Anchor step is part of the WF definition it is version controlled so it's not as if you can maitain a list of WFs to call at this step to affect all running instances of the WF in any version that supports the Anchor. To achieve that we have dynamic steps to return WFs on-the-fly.

So I'm a bit at a loss to understand why you would use this feature at all...

Regards,

Mike GT