[LIKELY JUNK]Re: Doubt regarding extended notifications

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Feb 16 19:55:04 EST 2009

Hi Andy,

Ummmm .... no you still haven't quite got it.... the help is referring to the Delta Pull setup.  Which you definitely do want to optimize performance for your UWL.
But this is separate to sending email reminders of work items, even though it borrows some of the same config.

So to turn on the UWL Delta Pull you should:
a) Run RSWNUWLSEL once in your system/client  with the reconcile config flag checked to add the necessary settings for the UWL Delta Pull scenario to the SWNCONFIG transaction
b) Schedule RSWNUWLSEL as directed to satifsy the Delta Pull checks.

However if you also want extended notifications reminders:
a) You should manually add your own config to transaction SWNCONFIG e.g. in scenario WORKFLOW category STANDARD
b) Schedule SWN_SELSEN to suit your reminders

The only issue around scheduling is possible clashes between SWN_SELSEN and RSWNUWLSEL - but I suggest you refer to the WUG discussion a couple of weeks back to understand the issues.
Regards,
Jocelyn