Binding issues after transport to production

Carolyn Fuller fuller at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 12 11:39:49 EST 2009

Jocelyn,

When we upgraded to ECC 6.0 a little over a year ago, I did not
convert our existing workflow templates to use XML persistence.
Therefore their profiles are all set as "Compatibility." I compared
our container handling between development  and production via
transaction SWU_CONT_PERSISTENCE. But this seems to be used to
maintain the outdated "Structure" mode configuration. The table is
empty in both environments. Is there another transaction I should run
to check container handling?

We have reports that read workflow containers which is one of the
reasons I chose not to convert. It is my understanding that converting
to XML persistence means I would need to change these reports. Since
we weren't experiencing performance or storage concerns I didn't have
the incentive to convert. Also, wouldn't I need to change all the
business object container operations if we converted?

A lot of these old custom workflow templates created by the non-
workflow developer caused us heartaches during our upgrade to ECC 6.0,
which is how I discovered some of his unorthodox practices, but they
are all working smoothly now.

Carolyn