Changing key of BO during event trigger

Srinivasan Ramanan r_m_n_n at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:22:50 EST 2009

Dear WUG,

I have a situation where I am unable to correct the key of BO.

First of all why do I need to correct the key?

Here is what's happening.

ECC 6.0
Object VBAP is subtyped to ZVBAP and delegated system wide.

Event "SO Item Cancelled" is created in ZVBAP and the condition is when the item is set to rejection code = 99 ( for example ).

I used the change document object VERKBELEG to capture the event. This is where I think i am wrong.

in SWEC , I created a FM and am trying to change the key from Sales Document alone to Sales document and Item for the BO VBAP.

May be I wrote this FM wrong...I am still not able to create the right key for VBAP.

I am gettign the key as 2000036 / 000000

But I need the key to be 2000036 / 000010 when line 10 is rejected.

But I am able to access the change document number though the FM interface.

Even If I  construct a new BO VBAP with the key resolved from CDPOS, when more than one SO items are changed under one cHANGNR, how should I take care of this.

I essence how should a trigger SO item related WF, with change docuemnt VERKBELEG..

I have succesfully triggered other WFs for SO Item using "Customer Status profile" with txn BSVW..but here I am unable to use that functionality.

Your thoughts are very well appreciated.

Thanks
Ramanan