Problems with secondary methods (amodal method)

Tor Magne Refsland fallenblake at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 06:35:41 EST 2009

Hi experts.

I am starting my WF through the SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW in SE37.

My WF consistst of a decision step with a secondary method, amodal method, which calls a custom method (call_url).

The method call_url has been tested in SE80 and in WF with synchronous dialog chain(BMWP) where it works fine.

Since UWL doesn`t support Synchronous dialog chain, I need to make a workaround.

Problem:

When I start the WF and enter MSS to open the workitem, I can see the attachment (call_url method). However, when I try to click on the link for the attachment (which is going to execute my custom method) I only get an errormessage.

The errormessage says:
"An error has occured during calling attachment. Try again and inform the system administrator about this problem".

I have been checkin SU53, it is not an authorization issue.

I have been reading Gatlings blog about secondary methods and searching the web about the issue with no luck.

Any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tor