Triggering an event based on a custom HR infotype field

Joe_Toledo@capgroup.com Joe_Toledo at capgroup.com
Wed Dec 30 10:45:31 EST 2009

Hi there Ali,

A couple of thoughts.

Have you considered SWEHR3 to raise the event(s) "real-time?"     You
could have 2 events being triggered for the custom info type.

On the workflow that is triggered to send out the notification, create a
Wait for Event task that has a modeled deadline for "Latest End"  and have
that send out the 2nd notification if the 2nd event is not raised within
the required time frame.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joe Toledo | The Capital Group Companies
Location: IRV | Extension: 55417 | Outside: 949-975-5417
E-mail: joat at capgroup.com
[ Mailing: 15260 Valley Oak. IRV-M-3E Irvine, CA 92618 USA ]

Ali Husain <mr_mago40 at hotmail.com>

Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
12/30/2009 07:21 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

<sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Triggering an event based on a custom HR infotype field

Dear WF Experts,

I need to trigger an event based on a specific field in a custom HR
infotype. I need to read a date field from there and do some calculations
to it and if it passes a certain validation in the code I need to trigger
a WF. I thought of scheduling an ABAP program to run in the background
once a day to read the data – do the calculation – trigger the event to
start the WF if needed. However, i’m thinking there might be a better
solution which is by monitoring the infotype field itself from the WF
side. The reason being is I want to send a notification when the event is
triggered and then I need to wait for a week and see if there is action
taken and if not I need to trigger another notification. So if I use the
bg job option to trigger the WF I guess I have to use another background
job to monitor what happens after a week. That’s why I’m thinking it might
be better to do something in WF to solve this instead of scheduling two bg
jobs one to trigger the event and one to monitor. Is there a better more
efficient solution to do this? How would i link that check to a specific
HR infotype field if that's the better option?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Ali