Extended Notification Links & SAPLogon.ini file

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Wed Dec 9 02:54:57 EST 2009

Onsdag 9. desember 2009 07.36.59 skrev Ramki Maley:
> I have created an OSS message for the issue and would like to know if
> anyone had faced a similar issue.
>
> SAP_ABA/Basis SP70015 on ECC 6.0
>
> I have configured the Extended Notification tool to send collective
> email with links to SAP Inbox and Workitem execution using SAPGUI. The
> emails are generated correctly. However the links cannot launch SAPGUI
> when there is no SAPLogon.ini file in the receivers Windows folder on
> their PC.
We had the same issue in Statoil where there also was a special INI file for
the production systems, and it is an issue with SAP Logon Pad, not the
notification program. We did not try to solve it, instead we worked around it
by using a different approach that did not depend on the INI files (we
specified all necessary parameters to connect to a particular system).

I don't work for Statoil any longer and am not able to recall much of the
specific details, but as I recall we used the same format for our string that
they used to launch transactions in specific SAP systems from the (non-SAP)
intranet portal.

> I did not find any configuration option in SWNCONFIG that I can specify
> which ini file to be used in generating the shortcut. Is it absolutely
> necessary to have the SAPLogon.ini inthe user's desktop?
>
> We also use SSO to login to SAP.
Single sign-on was is use in Statoil as well.

If you are going to find a solution my best guess would be changing some
settings in the Windows Registry. Unless the name of the default INI file is
hardcoded (which is a no-no) the setting should be in the registry.

If you succeed you should also make sure that a notification message from a
test system can not take you to a production system. Perhaps you have solved
this by not using single sign-on in test systems etc.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no)