Extended Notification Links & SAPLogon.ini file

Ramki Maley rmaley at erpworkflow.com
Wed Dec 9 01:36:59 EST 2009

I have created an OSS message for the issue and would like to know if
anyone had faced a similar issue.

SAP_ABA/Basis SP70015 on ECC 6.0

I have configured the Extended Notification tool to send collective
email with links to SAP Inbox and Workitem execution using SAPGUI. The
emails are generated correctly. However the links cannot launch SAPGUI
when there is no SAPLogon.ini file in the receivers Windows folder on
their PC.

The customer has  multiple versions of the ini files -
(saplogon.all_global_sup.ini, saplogon.prd_all.ini,
saplogon.trn_all.ini) each associated it with its own SAPLogon shortcut.
  The relevant shortcut and the ini file is pushed to the user's PC
based on their role. There is no SAPLogon.ini file.

I was not able to launch he links when there is no SAPLogon.ini on my
desktop. The links can be launched successfully by copying my ini file
as SAPLogon.ini.

I did not find any configuration option in SWNCONFIG that I can specify
which ini file to be used in generating the shortcut. Is it absolutely
necessary to have the SAPLogon.ini inthe user's desktop?

We also use SSO to login to SAP.

Best Regards,
Ramki.