Status Management and 'Wait' step

David Trant david_trant at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 9 20:21:21 EDT 2009

Do the e-mails get sent regardless of whether the status is changed inside or outside the workflow?  If so, perhaps you can put the e-mails into a second workflow triggered by the status change.  Alternatively, perhaps you can just re-arrange your existing workflow to have your parallel branch waiting for the event re-join the rest of the workflow prior to the e-mails being sent.  Of course, if you don't want the e-mails sent when the release occurs outside workflow, then this won't help.  In that case, maybe you can still have your parallel branch rejoin prior to the e-mails, but set a flag in each branch indicating which path was taken and check the flag to decide whether to send the e-mails.

Good luck,

David