Start Condition related to upgrade ECC 6

Schmidt, Jake (SN) jake.schmidt at spiritaero.com
Wed Sep 24 12:12:04 EDT 2008

Stefaan,

I would assume that you are getting this "Operator 'EQ': The value of
the left operand cannot be determined" only when the attribute is blank.
If that is the case you can look to the code for the attribute.  Make
sure that you are always running the  SWC_SET_ELEMENT CONTAINER macro.
I've had a problem before where our exception handling bypassed that
macro.  In affect the attribute isn't instantiated.  The method Sue
referenced (container operation) would also accomplish this...in fact I
did that until figuring out the problem with the macro.
Hopefully that fixes it.

Thanks
Jake Schmidt

> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:43:01 +0200
> From: stefaan.vermeulen at gmail.com
> To: SAP-WUG at mit.edu
> Subject: Start Condition related to upgrade ECC 6
>

> Hi,
>
> While testing in a new upgraded development from 46c to ECC6 I
> encountered the following.
> A WF related to BUS2007 Maintenance orders gives every time an
> exception "Operator 'EQ': The value of the left operand cannot be
determined"
> in the event trace and doesn't get triggered.
>
> The condition is: &Maintenance order.PM planning plant& = BEP1
>
> Nothing was changed to the workflow, BO ZBUS2007 , delegation or event

> linkage, everything is still active and error free.
> In the old development it still works.
>
> The checks I have done:
> -Deleted to condition and recreated this, same problem.
> -I saw that FM : SWB_2_CHECK_FB_START_COND_EVAL is used in
> SWB_COND(ECC6), I replaced this by the old FM
SWB_CHECK_FB_START_COND_EVAL, same problem.