Block Step Type for Dynamic Parallel Processing with End Condition

Ramki Maley rmaley at erpworkflow.com
Wed Oct 8 08:30:26 EDT 2008

Hello folks,

Has any one successfully implemented this feature? I am on ECC 6.0 with
SAPKA70014 & SAPKB70014

The Workflow Builder states the following in the Parallel Processing Tab
for a Block:

How do you use multiple elements for parallel processing?
You can specify dynamic parallel processing by using a multiline
container element. A processing instance is created at runtime for each
line of the multiline container element. All processing instances are
executed simultaneously.

A container element <name_multiline_containerelement>_LINE is created
automatically in the local container of the block or in the work item
container of the step. At runtime, this contains the lines of the
multiline container element that is to be processed.

You can define an end condition for dynamic parallel processing. This is
checked once one of the parallel processing branches has been processed.

I set the end condition within the block. The problem is when the End
Condition is satisfied, Block does not end and the other incomplete
parallel work items are not logically deleted. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Ramki.