Block Step Type for Dynamic Parallel Processing with End Condition

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:43:18 EDT 2008

Ramki,

We haven't started using the local Block concept you speak of but I was curious as to whether you have scheduled the 'Condition Evaluation' Workflow Service Job (SWWCOND) via SWU3 in your system yet?

I'm not sure if the Block conditions are treated in quite the same way as the new step conditions but if the job hasn't been scheduled yet you might want to try it and see if it does the trick.

If you have already scheduled this job then the only thing I can think of is that your Block end conditions might be a slittle suspect.

Regards,

Mike GT> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:30:26 -0400> From: rmaley at erpworkflow.com> To: sap-wug at mit.edu> Subject: Block Step Type for Dynamic Parallel Processing with End Condition> > Hello folks,> > Has any one successfully implemented this feature? I am on ECC 6.0 with > SAPKA70014 & SAPKB70014> > The Workflow Builder states the following in the Parallel Processing Tab > for a Block:> > How do you use multiple elements for parallel processing?> You can specify dynamic parallel processing by using a multiline > container element. A processing instance is created at runtime for each > line of the multiline container element. All processing instances are > executed simultaneously.> > A container element <name_multiline_containerelement>_LINE is created > automatically in the local container of the block or in the work item > container of the step. At runtime, this contains the lines of the > multiline container element that is to be processed.> > You can define an end condition for dynamic parallel processing. This is > checked once one of the parallel processing branches has been processed.> > > I set the end condition within the block. The problem is when the End > Condition is satisfied, Block does not end and the other incomplete > parallel work items are not logically deleted. Any Ideas?> > Thanks,> Ramki.> _______________________________________________> SAP-WUG mailing list> SAP-WUG at mit.edu> http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/sap-wug