ECC 6.0 - Cancel Approved Leave Request

John A Haworth jhoworth at csc.com
Mon May 19 04:50:32 EDT 2008

Hi

If the leave request is sent for approval and then cancelled before
approval is given, i am guessing that you have a leg in the workflow that
has a 'wait for event' task in (running in parallel to the main body of
the workflow) so that the workflow completes if the cancel event is raised
and the Approve request is removed from the inbox of the Approver. So
there would be no need to send an email to the Approver.

john

CSC Computer Sciences Limited
Registered Office: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot, Hampshire,
GU11 1PZ, UK
Registered in England No: 0963578

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
delivery.
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cristiana D'Agosto" <cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
19/05/2008 09:30
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
ECC 6.0 - Cancel Approved Leave Request

Hi all,

we are in ECC 6.0 and the requirement is that when an employee cancel an
approved leave request an email is to be sent to his/her manager i.e. no
approval is required.

I linked my workflow to the relevant leave type so there are different
workflows to be triggered when an employee submits a new leave request and
when an employee deletes an approved leave request.

I am sure someone out there must have done something similar!

A few questions:

1 - I believe that if the leave request has been already posted, my
workflow will need to delete the relevant Infotype 2001. Is that ok to use
BAPI_ABSENCE_DELETE to achieve that?

2 - If the Infotype 2001 has to be deleted, what should happen to the
relevant entry in the table PTREQ_HEADER? Should I change the status of
the relevant entry to be what? WITHDRAWN? I noticed that the PTREQ_HEADER
has now the status SENT (because a workflow was triggered).

3 - I also noticed that in PTARQ my deleted entry has operation set to DEL
- does that mean that if I set the status of the entry to WITHDRAWN (or
something else), when i hit the Post Documents the infotype 2001 will be
automatically deleted??

Thanks in advance for any hints/tips/advice you can provide!

Cheers

Cristiana