ECC 6.0 - Cancel Approved Leave Request

Cristiana D'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au1.ibm.com
Mon May 19 04:30:33 EDT 2008

Hi all,

we are in ECC 6.0 and the requirement is that when an employee cancel an
approved leave request an email is to be sent to his/her manager i.e. no
approval is required.

I linked my workflow to the relevant leave type so there are different
workflows to be triggered when an employee submits a new leave request and
when an employee deletes an approved leave request.

I am sure someone out there must have done something similar!

A few questions:

1 - I believe that if the leave request has been already posted, my
workflow will need to delete the relevant Infotype 2001. Is that ok to use
BAPI_ABSENCE_DELETE to achieve that?

2 - If the Infotype 2001 has to be deleted, what should happen to the
relevant entry in the table PTREQ_HEADER? Should I change the status of
the relevant entry to be what? WITHDRAWN? I noticed that the PTREQ_HEADER
has now the status SENT (because a workflow was triggered).

3 - I also noticed that in PTARQ my deleted entry has operation set to DEL
- does that mean that if I set the status of the entry to WITHDRAWN (or
something else), when i hit the Post Documents the infotype 2001 will be
automatically deleted??

Thanks in advance for any hints/tips/advice you can provide!

Cheers

Cristiana