"Confirmation" Workflow in EBP

Yulianto Abu Muhammad yyulianto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 06:59:27 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I just joined a support team where they currently have a problem with their
workflow in their EBP system. They have an old EBP (SRM) system, it is
4.0if I am not wrong.

They have a customized workflow for "Confirmation", where there is a
triggering event which is "SAVED" event of the business object "BUS2203".

The wierd thing is, when we tried to examine the workflow log, we saw that
this workflow is not started by the triggering event. We tried to switch on
the event trace (SWELS) and tried to create a new confirmation. Workflow is
started, but there is no log in the event trace. So I suspected that there
might be a direct call of the workflow by calling the workflow API.

My question is, can anybody share with me, how to trace if a workflow is not
started by a triggering event, but we want to know which program that has
started this workflow. And in addition, this is not standard workflow, so
there must be a customized setting that started this workflow.
Unfortunately, the design documentation is really poor, so I can not find
how they started the workflow there in the documentation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Yulianto