Subflow fails to perform "Result Processing"

Schmidt, Jake (SN) jake.schmidt at spiritaero.com
Mon Mar 31 00:44:33 EDT 2008

Greetings,
I'm having trouble with a subflow that has a condition step.  If the
condition isn't met then a background task is executed to change the
status of a Document Information Record.  When the background task is
triggered the subflow wont perfrom the result processing.  In affect the
whole workflow stops and is stuck in this subflow.  To be clear the
background task is in a completed status and its result processing is
performed.  The subflow itself is in a completed status but the result
processing isn't performed.  It's like the subflow isn't giving control
back to the mainflow.
Also the subflow has no return parameters, doesn't pass any values.  And
if I add a yes/no user decision step at the end of the subflow, the
subflow works properly (course I don't want a user decision).  One other
thing to add is that when this workflow is "stuck" it shows up on SWPC -
Continue workflows after a system crash transaction.  I've tried to
continue the workflow from here and it doesn't work.  I'm baffled and
have reviewed the method to change the DIR status and their isn't
anything unusual.

Any tips???

ECC 5 - SAP Basis 640 / SAPKB64018

Thank you so very much!