Best practice for eMail Sends ? BOR, ABAP OO, .

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Mar 17 17:13:08 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,
You don't mention your SAP release? But if you are using ABAP OO I would guess you are on a NW7.0 platform of some kind such as ECC 6.0? In which case you should be using Extended Notifications (transaction SWNCONFIG to configure, then schedule a batch job for program SWN_SELSEN).

This avoids changing your workflow at all.

If you are on an earlier release that doesn't have Extended Notifications then you should use program RSWUWFML2.  But Extended Notifications will give you more flexibility - particularly if you want to give people the option not to be notified.

Regards
Jocelyn