_RULE_RESULT binding

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Thu Jul 31 14:20:06 EDT 2008

Thomas,

Sorry, I may be jumping into the middle and I may be missing something
but I don't see the issue.

How is the task terminating? By the deadline itself? i.e. an actual
agent does not have to execute

the task for it to complete?

>>Ran into the same issue, if the work item is executed then the
_Rule_Result

>>is populated and you have what you need.

An 'actual agent' executed the task, and you have an agent.

>>But if not executed, like when a deadline is reached, you get nothing
- very annoying.

If the deadline is reached, and no 'actual agent' executed the task, I
would think

you would not want to populate the _Rule_Result. Would only have
WF-BATCH as the agent

because WF-BATCH is the user that tripped the Deadline. Not an agent.

Sudhir,

>>note can not be applied as it doesn't match correct version.

Hmmm... What version are you on? Service Patch level?

I will be upgrading another 4.6c to ECC6 soon, so I have interest in
this issue you are experiencing.

The last system I do not believe I had this scenario.

Rick Sample | Workflow Analyst/Developer
11885 Lackland Road | Maryland Heights, MO 63146 | Office (314) 573-5700
www.graybar.com <http://www.graybar.com/>  - Works to Your Advantage