_RULE_RESULT binding

Sudhir Pargaonkar pargov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 14:51:08 EDT 2008

Hi Rick,

I understand that WF-BATCH would be the user that would set workitem as
obsolete. Let me explain the scenario:

workitem is in the inbox of say 5 users determined by a agent determination
rule. as per thomas email, when any one of them executes the workitem, we
know "Executed By" user as well as list of these 5 users in workflow
container if we have a binding between _RULE_RESULT and a workflow container
element.

Issue is, if we have a modeled deadline.. and WF-BATCH sets workitem to
obsolete status using process control step. In this case, we still need list
of those 5 users who had the workitem in their inbox. So that we can send
them an email saying, they have missed the deadline. In this scenario,
contents of _RULE_RESULT are not transfered to workflow container even if we
have correct binding.

hope that explains the situation. I am also in the process of creating a
method and background step to read agents of the workitem to avoid this
problem.

Let me know if there is another solution to keep the design clean.

Thanks
Sudhir