SWWWIHEAD cannot be written

David Trant david_trant at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:59:03 EST 2008

Yes, I have had number range issues as well in the past.  This is true for both workflow objects (table HRSOBJECT) and org structure related objects (positions, etc.).  Although it may seem like overkill, if you really want to eliminate the problem, I recommend creating a unique number range for each system in your landscape, and define ALL of them in production.  For example, you might have entries like DEV = prefix 910, QAS = 920, SBX = 930, PRD = 940, and so forth.  If you have other systems besides ECC, like CRM, SRM, etc., consider them as well.  Once these are all defined in production, then refreshes to other systems, whatever they may be, automatically inherit the correct number range and do not need to be fiddled with afterward.  Additionally, any development that takes place outside DEV for whatever reason (say an "emergency" while DEV is down requiring opening up Q/A to do a quick fix) will never overlap with like-numbered objects in DEV.

Hope that helps,
David

Subject: SWWWIHEAD cannot be writtenDate: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:14:14 -0500From: Melissa.Yates at energyeast.comTo: sap-wug at mit.edu

I have a test client (quality) that we continually refresh (RDR) to a specific date for client test purposes.  I recently had a workflow log issue with the subject error.  It appears that the number range buffer for work item ID was impacted due to the refresh.  I was able to fix via transaction SM56 but I have never had to do this in 8 years of workflow.  Has anyone ever had this number range issue and does anyone use this anytime they refresh a test client?  I’m nervous about our next RDR……
Currently on
Software ComponRelease   LevelHighest SupportShort Description of Software Comp
SAP_BASIS      620       0062 SAPKB62062     SAP Basis Component
Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa Yates
Utility Shared Services IT