Approve / Reject buttons inactive on approval work item

Fletcher Nick Nick.Fletcher at npia.pnn.police.uk
Wed Jan 16 09:30:08 EST 2008

Hi there everybody,

The scenario is as follows:

I am creating an approval workflow for shopping carts in SRM. I have created
an approval task by copying an existing customer approval task (which works
perfectly well in the approval WF).  The new task has been set to be a
general task.  When the approval work item is created using the new task, it
appears in the SRM inbox with the green tick and red cross greyed out, i.e.
approval/rejection from this screen is not possible.  When you click on the
work item to see the SC in the 'Approve Purchase' screen, the 'Approved' and
'Rejected' radio buttons are open for input, i.e. from this screen
approval/rejection is possible.

Question:

Can anybody tell me why these buttons are greyed out and what I should do to
make them active?

Many thanks,

Nick

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of NPIA.
It is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged information.
Accordingly, the copying, dissemination or distribution of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of Civil or Criminal Law.