Access a BOR's Attributes From WD4J Application

Schmidt, Bob bschmidt at ugs.com
Wed Jan 2 17:56:38 EST 2008

We are deploying a Web Based Approval/Reject of Employee Trips (BUS2089)
and we've done so using a custom WebDynpro for Java application.  Behind
the scenes, we are using SAP_WAPI* function modules to retrieve the
workitem number, write to the workflow container and complete the
decision accordingly.  No issues.

Now, they've asked for more data to be presented to the user than is
available though the SAP standard BAPI (BAPI_TRIP_GET_DETAILS).
However, we've already developed code in a virtual attribute on our
Z_BUS2089 object to calculate this information.  Is there any simple way
of access virtual attributes via RFC so that we could avoid duplicating
code?  Obviously, we could write a custom function that creates the
object and then passes back the attribute but is there a better
technique?

Regards,

Bob Schmidt