How is the parameter WI_ID passed from UWL to webdynpro application?

Prasath Natesan prassath.natesan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 08:27:08 EST 2008

When i launch a webdynpro ABAP application from UWL i generally use the
following code to read the parameters passed to the webdynpro ABAP
application.
wdevent->get_data( EXPORTING name =  if_wd_application=>all_url_parameters
                             IMPORTING value = l_url_parameters ).

READ TABLE l_url_parameters WITH KEY name = 'WI_ID' INTO l_url_parameter.
The same code is used to read the parameter workitem id "WI_ID" as well as
any other custom dynamic parameters defined in SWFVISU. In case of a custom
dynamic parameter i enter the appropriate entries in SWFVISU to make it
available in my application.

Now my question is how does the value for parameter WI_ID get passed? I am
confused because i dont make an entry for this (WI_ID) in SWFVISU and i dont
find the statement in UWL XML also. But still i am able to retrieve the
workitem id into my application.

How does this work? If it some kind of default parameter that is being
passed on from UWL (to every application that is launched) do we have some
other default parameters (similar to WI_ID) also?

Regards,
Prasath N