Maximum node number reached in process execution (endless loop?)

Bill Holbrook BHolbro at smud.org
Thu Feb 21 17:04:07 EST 2008

 Hello All,

I am on R/3 4.7 and am running a workflow where I am getting the
following error message Maximum node number reached in process execution
(endless loop?) Message no. WL392. At present, a maximum of 10000 nodes
are allowed in one workflow - see settings for workflow runtime system
or basic data of the workflow definition. During execution of the
confirmation for work item 22322832, the node counter was increased to
value 10001 while step number 274 was being processed.

The workflow is going through a fork and after executing the last step
in the fork the workflow will wait like it is exceeding the maximum
number of nodes but it is not. The workflow error points to a step
farther down in the workflow but the log does not show any steps being
executed from the fork to the point of the step where error is pointing.

Originally the workflow was just one big workflow but since then I have
broken it up with a subflow.

Any Help ?