Empty Receiver Type

Pincus, Rick G RGPincus at nationalgypsum.com
Thu Feb 21 07:53:44 EST 2008

In our production SRM box, we were seeing users report that they were
getting an error attempting to launch a workfllow for BUS2201 (PO).
They were getting the "workflow is ambiguous" error.  I checked the
start conditions and they were all mutually exclusive.   Eventually we
found an extra entry in the "Event Type Linkages" transaction (SWE2)
that had no Receiver Type.  The entry was blank.

I've seen ways to do this in non-production environments, but our
production systems are locked down.  Does anyone know how this could
have happened. I know it's a wide-open question.

Rick Pincus
Technical Consultant
National Gypsum Company
704.365.7644

NOTE TO RECIPIENT The foregoing message is sent from the National
Gypsum Company email system, which is designed and intended to be
used solely for communications relating to the business of the
Company. Any matters covered or expressed in this email, or in any
attachment hereto, which do not relate to the Company's business,
are personal communications from the sender, and National Gypsum
Company is not responsible for any such content.