Note Create

Devireddy Swathi (Dataflo) devireddy.swathi at dataflo.co.za
Wed Feb 13 08:08:05 EST 2008

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the solution.

In my case that solution will not work as the e-maild s entered by the
requestor will not have a user id in the system

Thanks & Regards

Swathi Devireddy

Coke SCALE

Satyam Computer Services Ltd

* : +27 745024070

Hi,

I think its not a good idea to use note_create to
allow the  user to enter the required e-mail address
in free text. However, i suggest the following way to
do this

1. When the creator of material submits it for
approval, create a new dialog step based on
WF_TASK.GetListAndDispatch ( or Dispatch will do,
check other methods available on WF_TASK). put the
actual_agent of earlier workitem as the agent of this
step. make this task as a general.In the runtime when
this gets executed user will be given a chance to
select the people ( based on org structure either,
user/position/org unit, in your case may be User is
enough) and the selected people will be returned in
SELECTEDOBJECTLIST export parameter.
 - just to get a feel of it, put WF_TASK in test mode
from SWO1 and execute this method and see.

2. Get this SELECTEDOBJECTLIST to your workflow using
binding and you can use this later to find the correct
e-mail address(es) of user(s) ( may be you can use
BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL to get e-mail address) and you
can send e-mail to them.

3. Also enable 'Advance with Dialog' option on your
step sending workitem to creator so that the next
workitem for this newly created step (for selecting
extra people to be informed) will follow dialog chain
and appear in creator's inbox just after user submits
for approval. When calling WF_TASK.GetListAndDispatch
in your step, you can put 'Title' as per your wish
something like 'Choose the user names to which you
would like to send the notification after approval'.

WF_TASK.<methods related to getagents/dispatch> are
basically used in scenarios where you want the user to
select the next processor dynamically. However in this
case, you are not really using them as 'processors'
but as just 'informers' :-)

Hope this helps you !!

Regards
Krishna Mohan Dubbaka
SAP Workflow Consultant
Satyam Computer Services Ltd
Bangalore, India.

--- "Devireddy Swathi (Dataflo)"

--------

> This email and all contents are subject to the
> following disclaimer:
>
> "http://www.dataflo.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm
<https://imailhyd.satyam.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.datafl
o.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm> "