Substitutes and Substitute Profile

Chandrasekharan, Jagathguru (US - Philadelphia) cjagathguru at deloitte.com
Tue Aug 5 19:25:33 EDT 2008

> Hi All,
>
> I just wanted to put down my workflow scenario so that I can get some
> help and guide.
>
> It's basically the Trip Expense Approval process where in the employee
> creates an expense report which needs to be approved by his Manager
> and later by the Expense Processor/Audit processor.
>
> We are having the HR organization data as part of the requirement, but
> the client does not want to go with the above approval process using
> HR org data. Now the question I have is how much is the flexibility of
> using HR org data for the approval process (includes the substitution)
> when compared to having the list of approvers and substitutes in a
> custom table and assign accordingly. I know the process of using the
> rule to assign a approver for a particular task but can we also apply
> a rule to choose the substitute from the list?
>
> I have another question when I was searching on substitution profiles
> to restrict the selected tasks/work items to be sent for substitute.
> But while creating it in SAP I could not able to find out as where
> does the restriction is being set?
>
> Appreciate your inputs and help on this.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Jag.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]