Substitutes and Substitute Profile

Jacob Crane jacob.crane at us.epiuse.com
Tue Aug 5 21:04:12 EDT 2008

Hi Jag,

    The substitution profile is mapped to a task classification in SPRO
under WAS -> Business Management->Sap Business Workflow->Basic Settings.
You can set the classification for a task in maintain Agent Assignment ->
Attributes in the builder.  The profile for the substitution is stored in
HRUS_D2-REPPR.  You can specify the profile when you set a substitute.  It
should be no issue to design and implement your own approval process with
rules, but it would not be advisable to try to create your own substitution
mechanism.  It would be a better design to simply create your own
classification for your trip expense tasks and assign them to a specific
profile and then set your substitutes using the standard functionality so
that your tasks can have different substitutes than the rest of the tasks.
Keep in mind there are (or maybe this has been changed by now?) limitations
that prevent you from assigning two profiles to the same substitute which
would require you to create a second profile for substituting trip expenses
and the other tasks to the same user.

Thanks,

Jacob