Event linkage: 'Event delivery' parameter?

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Fri Apr 11 06:05:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, April 11, 2008 7:16 am, Kjetil Kilhavn wrote:
> If the event is created in the same LUW as the database save, and your
> workflow immediately tries to access the object, wouldn't you run into
> some
> problems?
>
> I suppose it would also cause terminated updates when the events can't be
> delivered (which you may want or may not want to happen).

My receiver is a custom method, not a workflow. Hence no need for RFC and
no matter if it fails because this is perfectly valid. An event ID is
returned to the app regardless of outcome.

>> Choosing this exposes a new field 'Parameter'. Parameter
>> for what?
> Now that is a good question. The DB field is not referenced in any
> program, the view fields appear to only be referenced in the maintenance
> view programs.

...the joys of dynamic field references. :-)
Debugging didn't show up much more detail. It seems to use it in a similar
way to the receiver ID - sortof finding itself amongst multiple linkages
with the same receiver ID. But who knows...

> Keep us updated!

I would but don't hold your breath... The probability of an eternal
mystery is high.