Event linkage: 'Event delivery' parameter?

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Fri Apr 11 02:16:28 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 11:23:33 Mike Pokraka wrote:
> Does anyone know what *exactly* the 'Event Delivery' parameter does in the
> event linkage?
No, not even SAP :-)
Documentation is not available in Norwegian, English or German (also known as
the three big languages ;-)

> Using NW 7.0, the help describes the linkage in good detail, but
> unhelpfully skips over this bit.
>
> I understand the other options but am particularly interested in "Using
> LUW buffer (Synchronous)" Hmmmm....?
>
> Seems to me the LUW/synch option should just execute the receiver within
> the context of the process that's raising the event. Great, just what I
> want... or is it?
If the event is created in the same LUW as the database save, and your
workflow immediately tries to access the object, wouldn't you run into some
problems?

I suppose it would also cause terminated updates when the events can't be
delivered (which you may want or may not want to happen).

> Choosing this exposes a new field 'Parameter'. Parameter
> for what?
Now that is a good question. The DB field is not referenced in any program,
the view fields appear to only be referenced in the maintenance view
programs.

> The event log also shows two entries for each event one reading 'Event
> saved locally'. Saved where?
>
> Any insight appreciated.
Keep us updated!
--