CATS Approval Workflow

Gordon Blackmore gordon.blackmore at sasktel.sk.ca
Thu Apr 10 18:49:46 EDT 2008

We are running ECC 6.0 with EPortal. I am struggling with the CATS
approval workflow.

In the IMG I set the CATS Data Entry Profile with check mark in SAP
Business Workflow and With Auto Determination of Recipient. I also include
the Task TS31000007 (approval by supervisor)

I then try to save time and get an error:
An error occurred on starting the workflow
Message no. LR365
Diagnosis
For technical reasons, the system cannot start the SAP Business Workflow.
Procedure
Contact your system administrator.
I am not sure what to do. Do I create a workflow with TS31000007 in the
WF?
I used the delivered template WS40001001 and copied to use. The template
has a step; Generate handle for approval with task TS20000495 that does
not exist.

Should I be using WS40001001 as starting point?
What is this step and what is TS20000495?

I delete Generate handle for approval and configure CATS: Approval
TS40007901.

Defining the starting event it I go to Basic Data (hat) and select the
start event tab. I choose BOR, Object Type CATS and Event Created. I
create the bindings and activate.

I save and generate a runtime version and leave the workflow builder.

In the workflow template change to select the triggering events tab and
again choose BOR, Object Type CATS and Event Created.

Thank-you in advance.

Gordon Blackmore
SAP Analyst
SaskTel