HR workflow skipping a step

Ron Adkins radkins1 at surewest.net
Wed Sep 26 17:20:50 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

We have an issue with our workflow for HR.  In MSS a Manager creates a personel change request to promote an employee.  The request from the WEB (BUSTRANS 7051) is sent to a  workflow that has a sub workflow step to routes the request to a 1 up manager for approval, then upon approval routes the Notification to a services team for processing.  In a small number of requests (about 2-4 a day), the processing team is seeing the work item in the SWBP inbox without the approval step.  Then later in the day, or the next day the approval comes down from the 1 up manager.

Any ideas how/why a few skip this approval loop?

Thanks for your time,

Ron Adkins

ECC 5.0
Oracle